• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Console wire for Schwinn SRB1700
Schwinn and fitnessrepairparts don't have one.

Thanks

That's going to be a tough one unless someone has an old bike that they are parting out. The console wire that you describe seems to only be used on a couple of models. Maybe you can contact schwinn again and see if they can recommend anyone for older parts.
Fitness Equipment Repair Southern CA See our website!

(02-18-2014, 06:08 PM)atpands Wrote: That's going to be a tough one unless someone has an old bike that they are parting out. The console wire that you describe seems to only be used on a couple of models. Maybe you can contact schwinn again and see if they can recommend anyone for older parts.

They referred me to fitnessrepairparts.com and another site... so far no luck.

I went through my stock but like I said, your model,in particular, is very specific. Why do you need the console wire?

(02-19-2014, 06:16 PM)atpands Wrote: I went through my stock but like I said, your model,in particular, is very specific. Why do you need the console wire?

The resistance wasn't working. I put in two different motors and that did not fix it. The console works fine. So by deduction,evidently the communication between the console and the motor is not there. Hence the wire (not the HR wire however)

Okay. Sounds like you troubleshooted properly. The next step may be to actually use a voltmeter and measure the voltage across the wires. Being that you are unable to find the wire for sale, measure that voltage out of the wire. Should be something like 9-14 Volts on pins 1 and 3. Get in contact with Schwinn for the exact measurement parameters. They can run you through the exact procedure. You can measure this from the connection at the console. Let me know what you find. I feel that your quest for the wire may be futile so I am suggesting this as a last resort, hoping that the wire checks out.

(02-19-2014, 07:02 PM)atpands Wrote: Okay. Sounds like you troubleshooted properly. The next step may be to actually use a voltmeter and measure the voltage across the wires. Being that you are unable to find the wire for sale, measure that voltage out of the wire. Should be something like 9-14 Volts on pins 1 and 3. Get in contact with Schwinn for the exact measurement parameters. They can run you through the exact procedure. You can measure this from the connection at the console. Let me know what you find. I feel that your quest for the wire may be futile so I am suggesting this as a last resort, hoping that the wire checks out.

Thank you very much for your help! I will let you know...

Maybe someone has a bike they want to part out?

Thats what I am hoping for you. Check ebay sometimes too.