• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitness Quest Edge 491
I'm looking for an idler pulley, part #58 as listed in the Edge 491 parts manual. This pulley has a bearing insert, which on my unit went bad. Apparently, the company is out of business and no replacement parts are apparently available. But it seems as though this part should be so east to replace, since the pulley is OK, but it would require a bearing insert. Does any body have any ideas?

Is it possible that you can provide a picture of what you need?
Fitness Equipment Repair Southern CA See our website!

(05-08-2014, 05:42 AM)atpands Wrote: Is it possible that you can provide a picture of what you need?

The best picture available is found on the following website at: http://www.fitnessrepairparts.com/cart/V...m/54000939 You'll notice that this part is no longer available, that's why I'm searching for some type of replacement. The idler pulley itself is 41mm x 25mm wide. The bearing inside appears to be about 20mm outside diameter by 7.7mm inside diameter. The bearing appears to be about 7mm thick. The idler pulley itself appears to be OK, it's the bearing that's bad. I believe I can drive the old bearing out, but it will be tricky to find a new bearing that I can put back in. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Darn. Sorry I don't have that one. Your best bet may be to keep posting on here. Other than that I am unsure. Sorry I couldn't be if more help.

Thanks for your interest and please keep me in mind if you are made aware of this part popping up.

There's virtually no part I can find anywhere that is similar. I can find some pulleys with a bearing that are somewhat bigger and may have to purchase one and try to retrofit in my machine to make it work.

Hello,

I'm looking for the main console board for a Fitness Quest 491 as mine is now failing to register distance/speed/etc. The sensor ohms out correctly when I pedal, so the next step is the board. Do you stock this or do you have a good contact?

Going through the normal motions. If it is plugged into the wall, unplug it and see if the power stays on. If not, replace the batteries. Also, check all connections, especially at the back of the console as they come out easily. See if there is any change. The only place I can recommend is sears parts direct. But I am unsure if they even stock parts for Fitness Quest any longer.