• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star trac TR 4000
I get an error "No RPM". I adjusted the gap on the RPM sensor so the tread mill runs and then when I shut the switch off when done with the treadmill, the next time we use it the no RPM message appears again. If I adjust the sensor again I can get it to start but same thing happens again. Done this several times.
Thankyou

(02-24-2018, 11:18 PM)Groessler Wrote: I get an error "No RPM". I adjusted the gap on the RPM sensor so the tread mill runs and then when I shut the switch off when done with the treadmill, the next time we use it the no RPM message appears again. If I adjust the sensor again I can get it to start but same thing happens again. Done this several times.
Thank
I had a problem like that a out 20 years ago on a 4000. Phantom "no rpm". You may have more than one issue here. Since the console initiates belt movement, I would start there and make sure the pwm is consistently and costantly sent to the lower board(watch for flickering light on lower board). It could be a faulty data cable too, as that one takes a beating with how it is routed.best thing there is to route a new one externally,given the difficulty of installing one. Check the drive motor brushes on the dc drive motor as well. I do have parts for this unit if needed.

Thank you for your reply,
I noticed last night when I didn't shut the power switch off that it started fine this morning. In the past when I shut the power switch off overnight it would not start in the morning. If I turn the power switch on without starting the treadmill for about an hour it will start. I also get a "EL STL" Code when I try to incline the treadmill. The down incline works, up incline does not work. Should I try installing a new Display Cable?
We had the machine in storage for about 5 years because we moved. It worked fine before we put it in storage.
Would you have a new display cable? I thought it might have been the RPM Sensor so I was going to look for one but found out they are hard to come by. would you have one of those. I can look up the Model & Serial number for you.
Thank again