• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elliptical
Hi,
New to the group. I am looking to buy an elliptical for my home gym. I am looking at the Life Fitness x9i, but it's fairly $$. Is it worth it? How similar is it to the LF 9500HR? I don't mind paying good money for a good machine. I just want a solid machine that requires little maintenance, and will last a long time.
Any other brand name suggestions are welcome!
Thank you!

I think the residential Precor ellipticals are more solidly built and will last better than the Life Fitness crosstrainers in my opinion.

The cover design on the Life fitness machines leave a lot to be desired in my opinion (not that Precor's is perfect). The covers seem to break more often on the Life Fitness's causing odd rubbing noises. Besides Precor invented the elliptical (actually bought the company that invented it), and they have the most experience in designing them.

The two companies machines are both quality, but from a repair guys perspective, the design on the Precor's is simpler, easier to work on, and there is less to break.

Thank you for the information. I really like the LF 9500HR at the gym; do you know what a comparable Precor model would be? When you say "residential" Precor models, which ones are you referring to?
I've never purchased an elliptical, but I've been reading lots of reviews online and they seem to vary. There is a lot of info. out there and it gets confusing (the more you read, the more contradictions you have to wade through). Consumer Reports rates the Precor EFX 5.19 over the Life Fitness X3, but my experience says go for the high-end commercial ones (LF 9500HR, X9, or a comp. Precor model).
If you were buying an elliptical, what would you buy?
Thank you!

Hi,
I am a ISP in New England and in my opinion, Precor makes the best Elliptical on the market. If you are looking for a total body elliptical ( with moving arms) you may want to consider the Precor EFX 556I. If you are looking for commercial and money is not a factor, I'm sure you would be satisfied. Precor also has an excellent warranty on their products. Good Luck.

Ditto..Precor definitely makes the best Elliptical in the market place with the best warranties and turn around time for parts on all products and I am in Canada!!

http://www.precor.com/cons/efx/

Thank you everyone for your info.
At the end of the day, I found a great deal on a commercial, remanufactured Life Fitness 9500CT. It comes with a good warranty, client support, and 30-day a money back offer. Oh, and free shipping! Is anyone familiar with Fitnessblowout.com? I know it sounds a little hokey, but I checked on them and they are legit. The elliptical should arrive in a few weeks. Stay tuned!
Chelsea

Precor is the best not only for the product line but also for after sales service!