• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cybex Choke / inductor various "Q" models
(03-28-2015, 05:20 PM)extra miler Wrote: dupont tfl 50 dry lube you can use it it wont reduce the friction enough to matter. i have been a certified technician for 21 years.i have used slipcoat before on cybex treadmills when running belt was having excessive friction problems like what you are experiencing, it reduced amp draw in half.the down side, it can cause belt to stretch or slip on the rollers then you would have to tension running belt more.using the treadmill with excessive current draw will burn out your drive motor. game over

Thanks again for getting back to me. It is nice to get ***** from someone with experience.

I am not too worried about the phenolic deck with the silicone but I would like not to have to replace the belt if possible. I am retired now and could afford it but have other uses for the money. My TV just died.

I want to hear what Fluid Film has to say about their product. As a "natural " product I have hopes for it's compatibility with my belt. It is the best product I have ever used for a number of marine related purposes. It's fantastic stuff. If they can't come back with a "yes" then I will get the Slip Coat. I don't mind retensioning the belt just so long as I don't have to scrape it off the deck with a scraper.
I am suprised that the dupont spray wouldn't work but I will take your word for it.

I also don't totally trust my ammeter. It is an Amprobe AC/DC clamp meter I bought to increase the amp range of my multimeter. I haven't used my Fluke 87 in series because it is only good for 10 amps and because of the heat I suspected high amperage so I used the clamp meter first.

So you seen this issue with cybex before. Is it a problem with Cybex? Is walking a higher current draw than running? I can kind of see how it might be. Am I being unreasonable in thinking that a treadmill should be able to do what I want? Do You have any information on the technical side of this machine like a real schematic diagram or codes to get into the diagnostic modes? I have an owners and a so called repair manual, but whenever anything gets a little technical it tells me to call Cybex.

Again, thanks very much for your time and expertise.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cybex Choke / inductor various "Q" models - by oldandintheway - 03-28-2015, 07:39 PM