• Welcome to FitnessForums
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walking platform, will any old platform do?
I have a Weslo XL treadmill, model WETL40708 and am struggling to find a replacement walking platform, this is essentially a piece of material (i'd guess reinforced plastic) that the running belt revolves around and supports my run. Unfortunately my weight and the constant pounding of said treadmill has meant the walking platform is close to collapse.

I guess my first question is does anyone out there have such a part (Weslo themselves say it is part number 65 and that as far as they are concerned it is no longer available but may still be sat on someone's shelf)

My second question on the assumption that this part isnt out there is whether given it looks like the current platform is a screw in job and effectively just acting as support whether I could get any old material cut to size and screwed down? ie wood, plastic etc. Anyone know what this platform is made out of?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Andy

Hi Andy. The deck or platform is typically made of pressed wood. It is very dense and sturdy. Frankly, it has to be to support running weight. As far as replacement goes, if you are able to get dimensions, you can contact Glide Fitness in Santa Ana, CA. They have been able to fabricate like decks for me. I have only dealt with commercial products with them, so residential style may be more daunting. You can find them on the Internet. Ask for Edgar. He is very knowledgeable.
Fitness Equipment Repair Southern CA See our website!